The Government Rejects Rumors Of A Cowin Data Breach

On Friday (January 21), the Indian government denied media claims that personal data of thousands of Indians held on the CoWIN platform had been released online.

The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare said in a statement, “Regarding data leak from CoWIN – We are investigating the problem.” However, it seems that the claimed breach is unrelated to Co-WIN since we do not gather any information on recipients’ addresses or #COVID19 status.”

Meanwhile, the Indian government said that no data has been leaked from the Co-WIN site and that all resident data is safe and secure on this digital platform.

“It is also stated that, although the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will investigate the content of the news, the allegation is not true at first glance, since Co-WIN gathers neither the person’s address nor the RT-PCR test results for #COVID19 immunisation,” the ministry noted.

Earlier in the day, it was reported that leaked data was being sold on the Raid Forums website, where a cybercriminal claimed to have personal information on over 20,000 individuals.

Rajshekhar Rajaharia, a cyber security researcher, also tweeted that personally identifying information (PII) such as name and Covid-19 results are made public through a content delivery network (CDN).

Next Article:
Free Fire Code

The Government Rejects Rumors Of A Cowin Data Breach
Scroll to top
RSS
Follow by Email